|Facts About Us
d.b.a. Peak Pet Pantry
FACT 1: We gave out 54,818 lbs of pet food + treats in 2010! Up from 46,970 pounds in 2009 & almost 12,000 lbs in 2008.
FACT 2:On 4/22/11 Phil Long Ford Motor City and GM Dan Polenski donated a van to the Pantry so we could fulfill our mission.
- From 3/22/11-4/22/11 we were without a working vehicle and had to use our president's personal car until that broke down. A local business, DaisyTwist, let us borrow a box truck and driver for 2-3 distributions.
- We would like to say a huge THANK YOU to John Ault, GM of the Doubletree Hotel, for allowing his employees to hold a food drive for the pantry! We received the proceeds 2/16/11 at the collection site Westside Animal Hospital, and we truly appreciate the time and effort it took!
- On 2/1/11, even with a windchill of -29, we were still able to provide dog/cat food to 5 households.
- On 1/21/11 we gave out 162 lbs canned dog food, 8 lbs canned cat food, 40 lbs dry dog food, & 8 lbs dry cat food so 20 people's pets could eat & stay home.
- We gave out 5,345 pounds of pet food in January 2010, which included 9 distributions lasting 1-1.5 hours each.
- We gave out a total of 21,512 lbs of pet food & treats from August to December 2009 (in 5 months). Over 45% of our total 2009 distribution of pet food & treats was during the same time period.
- We gave out 231 lbs of pet food and treats to the local homeless population in a trial distribution to see if the demand was there. As of 2/6/10 we give out pet food and supplies to the homeless every 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
- In 2009 we gave out 46,970 pounds of pet food.
- As of November 2009 we had tripled our distribution compared to all of 2008.
- In 2008 we gave out 11,953 pounds of pet food over a 12 month period.
- As of December 31, 2009 we have given out a total of 58,923 pounds of pet food to families needing short-term help feeding their pets.
- During the week of September 15, 2009 we handed out 1,495 total pounds of dog, cat, chicken, guinea pig, and rabbit food in two business hours.
- We gave out 340 pounds of cat food and 837 pounds of dog food, totaling 1,177 pounds, in 2 business hours; May 19 and 21, 2009.
- We have knowingly advised seven organizations in six other states so they could establish their own pet food assistance program.
- We have been contacted by (168) individuals in (41) states, the District of Columbia, Canada, and Jamaica asking us for advice on how to start a pet food assistance program in their area.
- An anonymous donor gave us our P.A.W.S. unit May 4, 2009.
- The Pikes Peak Pet Pantry became a member of the Colorado Nonprofit Association in March 2009.
- During the week of August 11, 2009 we handed out 1,062 pounds to 63 combined households in two business hours so a total of 238 pets wouldn't go hungry.
- On February 24, 2009 we gave out 725 pounds of pet food in half an hour.
- In one business hour during the week of January 12, 2009, we gave out a total of 1,020 pounds of pet food so 118 pets wouldn't go hungry.
- It took fourteen months to give out our first 10,000 pounds of pet food, a little under five additional months to give out our second 10,000 pounds, and three more months to give out our third 10,000 pounds of pet food.
- We gave out our 30,000th pound of pet food June 25, 2009.
- We gave out our 20,000th pound of pet food March 31, 2009.
- We gave out our 10,000th pound of pet food Nov 11, 2008.
- The Pikes Peak Pet Pantry founded its name in October 2007, as our long term goal is to help the Pikes Peak region.
- On September 23, 2008 we gave out 78.7 pounds of dry cat food in 30 minutes to help keep 29 local cats from going hungry and/or becoming homeless.
- The concept of the Pikes Peak Pet Pantry began on September 17, 2007 when our founder asked an online community for dog food to help a person feed their dog.
- We distributed 711 pounds of pet food in February 2008, 786 pounds in March 2008, and 944 pounds in April 2008.
- Healthy Pets Animal Hospital, located at 5195 Fontaine Blvd Suite 4 in Fountain, Colorado, sponsored our first pet food drive.
- SecurCare Self Storage, located at 4729 Astrozon Blvd in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has been our longest sponsor and benefactor to-date.